Medical and Cosmetic Dermatology
in Newport Beach, California offers the full spectrum of general medical dermatology and cosmetic dermatology services in a professional, friendly and comfortable environment. Our goal is to help you achieve and maintain healthy, beautiful skin, hair and nails, and control factors that contribute to premature aging and skin damage.
We also strive to accommodate our valued new patients with either same day or next day appointments, when requested. Please call our office today for an appointment to see our board-certified dermatologist, Dr. M. David Cole, MD or Dr. Sree Karukonda, MD, PhD.
Medical Dermatology conditions that we diagnose and treat include, but are not limited to:
- Inflammatory skin conditions including itching, redness, rashes, rosacea, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis
- Adolescent and adult acne
- Skin pigmentation problems
- Bumps, lumps, cysts, and keloids
- Aging skin problems including benign skin growths, skin tags, and precancerous skin growths (actinic keratosis)
- Contagious skin diseases such as athlete’s foot, herpes, impetigo, nail fungus, ringworm, and shingles, as well as fugal and bacterial infections of the skin
- Common and genital warts
- Atypical moles, skin cancer screening and treatment including skin cancer surgery and Mohs Micrographic Surgery, and melanoma screening
- Dry skin, scaly skin, sweaty palms/feet and underarms, contact dermatitis
- Poison ivy, bed bugs, and skin allergies
- Hair and scalp problems including alopecia (hair loss), and dandruff
- Scleroderma, cutaneous autoimmune disorders, morphea, and cutaneous lupus
- Skin ulcers and systemic diseases that produce changes in the skin
Cosmetic Dermatology services that we offer to improve and enhance the appearance of the skin include:
- Botulinum Toxin cosmetic for treatment of facial wrinkles
- Dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Voluma, Sculptra, Radiesse for correcting deeper wrinkles around the mouth, chin, under-eyes (tear-trough), cheekbones
- Facials for deep cleansing, refreshing, acne treatment, and to improve skin tone and texture
- Chemical peels and microdermabrasion, to refine and rejuvenate the skin
- Photodynamic therapy and non-surgical photorejuvenation to treat skin imperfections like age spots, sun spots, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation to reduce skin imperfections like acne scars, red spots, age spots, sun spots, skin discoloration, lines and wrinkles, and provide skin tightening
- Hair restoration procedures for hair loss
- Laser hair removal to address unwanted hair
- Sclerotherapy and Laser treatment for spider veins
- CoolSculpting for non-invasive fat removal
- DEKA SmartXide DOT® Laser Therapy treats acne scars, photoaging, sagging skin and sun damage to refresh the skin, remove imperfections and improve the tone and texture of the skin
- The Lumenis ResurFX is a revolutionary completely non-ablative fractional resurfacing laser for the treatment of acne scars, fines lines, skin wrinkles, photo-damage, to improve the tone and texture of skin with no downtime.
- The Candela V Beam Laser targets facial spider veins, pigmented lesions, Rosacea, scars, stretch marks and red birth marks
- The Spectra Q-Switched Laser evens skin color and improves skin texture by stimulating collagen formation
- Lutronic Infini® Radiofrequency Microneedling is clinically proven to increase collagen production for significant wrinkle reduction resulting in firmer, smoother, more refined skin
- Advanced Intense Pulsed Laser (IPL) Photofacials to treat pigmented lesions and vascular lesions, as well as reducing wrinkles and rejuvenating aging skin
Atin Newport Beach, California we understand that when you look better you feel better. And science is proving this. Studies show that Botulinum Toxin injections that inhibit frowning can reduce anger and depression. Cosmetic enhancements can improve first impressions and lead to enhanced self-esteem and mood. That is why we offer a wide variety of effective treatments for aesthetic and medical conditions.
About Our Dermatologists
Dr. M. David Cole, MD
Dermatologist Dr., M.D., the medical director of , in Newport Beach, California, is board-certified by the American Board of Dermatology with years of clinical experience. He is a UCLA and University of Virginia School of Medicine graduate, and completed his dermatology training at Yale University School of Medicine and Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Dr. Cole’s expertise includes a deep knowledge of skin cancer and its treatment, mole evaluation and removals, advanced acne treatment, and the evaluation of all skin conditions, rashes, and diseases.
Dr. Cole has trained hundreds of dermatologists in the technical and artistic aspects of cosmetic procedures as a clinical professor of dermatology at the UC Irvine School of Medicine. He has special expertise in minimally invasive cosmetic procedures such as Botulinum Toxin and Juvederm dermal fillers, and laser treatments, and is one of the top injectors of the dermal fillers and Botulinum Toxin, in Southern California.
His patients repeatedly refer to him as compassionate, kind, and knowledgeable. They note his genuine concern for his patients, and that he takes the time to listen to his patients, understand their needs, and explain their conditions and treatments. Every patient receives a customized treatment plan that addresses their conditions and concerns.
Dr. Cole takes great pride in his work, and receives great satisfaction helping his patients achieve health and improved self-confidence.
Dr. Sree Karukonda, MD, PhD
Sree Karukonda, MD, PhD is a compassionate board-certified dermatologist with over 15 years of experience in both general and cosmetic dermatology. He specializes in skin cancer screening and treatment, psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, skin rashes, as well as cosmetic dermatology including Botulinum Toxin, dermal fillers, chemical peels, and lasers. Dr. Karukonda received his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees from Louisiana State University and completed his dermatology residency training at Tulane University in New Orleans. He is accepting new adult and pediatric patients.
When you seek treatment of concerning conditions, and/or desire enhancement of your appearance,can help.